Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Greetings from Pawleys Island, South Carolina!

To me, the beach has always conjured up the most heartwarming memories. As a child, I always recalled every summer we spent as a family at the Jersey shore. I remember my Dad, and the safeness that I felt as he held me so close as the waves approached. His arms were my haven and never wanted our time together to end.

Four years ago, this Christmas season, right after having relocated to Pawleys Island with my newly-retired husband, I was diagnosed with cancer. I knew then, that being at the beach was exactly where I should be. I retreated to the beach, and found comfort in my memories that the sounds and smell of the ocean had evoked. The beach is and will always will be my little bit of heaven right here on earth.

On Christmas eve, the shawl arrived at my home. And could not have thought of any place in the world where I would rather be when I knitted it, other then my beloved beach...

My contribution to the shawl was done in memory of my Father, Robert Delaney and in honor of all cancer survivors.

Dad, I miss you so much.

No comments: